Thursday, November 11, 2010

Deep Questions From Casen

1. After touching my legs, Case asks, "Mama, have an owie?"
Nope, I just need to shave. Badly.

2. After Josh and I took the kids to my school for Homecoming on Saturday and eating pancakes: Case asks me where I'm going on Monday morning. I reply, "I've got to go to work today." Case asks, "Mama, go to work and eat pancakes?"
My first thought: I wish.
My second thought: My kid thinks that's what I do all day at work. Eat pancakes. "Who cares about chemistry?!? There's pancakes!" (Said in my best Seinfeld voice)

3. After our discussion about how the sun is hot and when the sun goes down, it's not as hot: Case asks, "Moon is cold then?"
Smart kid.

4. As soon as Case is awake, he asks to watch a "B" which means TV (and no, we haven't tried to correct this yet, don't judge : ). Josh always replies, "You can watch a B when Baby takes a nap (and Daddy naps too)." Case replies, "Baby tired? He go to sleep now?"
Again, smart kid.

5. A hip-hop song comes on the radio, and Case asks me, "That angry song?"
After other similar questions about different genres of music, I realized that if it's a loud, fast song that means it's angry to Case. I guess that gives me a glimpse into the emotions of an almost-3-yr-old. He has begun to attach words to his feelings.


No comments: