Monday, April 10, 2006

Playing Hooky and Library Nerds

So this week a friend of mine is covering my labs since I covered his a few weeks ago. It's great - I don't have to teach and I can use the time to do homework..oh, and write a blog entry. I ran into one of my students during lab...apparently I wasn't the only one playing hooky. We ignored each other.

So i've been in the library a long time today studying. Apparently, every field has its nerds, not just chemistry. I overheard the following conversation between two librarians (journal names made up but you'll get the gist):

Librarian Nerd 1: So this student was looking for a certain journal article earlier today and had some trouble...

Librarian Nerd 2: Oh really? Did you locate the journal?

Librarian Nerd 1: OH, Yes. The problem is that there are two journals with similar names. She was looking for "An Engineering Perspective" but we were looking under "The Engineering Perspective." Haha, but we figured it out!

Librarian Nerds 1 & 2: HAHAHAHA

I love that there are people that love libraries and searching for random articles and books. What would all of us grad student do without them?

No comments: