*Don't judge me...it was a wild dinner.
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Last week, we celebrated Dad's birthday. It's been nice to be together on each other's birthdays for the first time since Jordan and I were both home in high school.
We went to Chili's for his birthday. Dad found out what happens when you feed Liam mashed potatoes (or any "thick" food): Liam gags..then throws up. Sigh. Maybe one day he will move on from bottles and 1st Step Baby Food.
Afterwards, we had cake where Case blew out the candle.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
...and yes, I actually heard these:
"We've got to reach the critical mass."
"I need a risk-assessment on that pedicab."
*For some reason, chemists love to use the word diffusion or variations of it. I hear it all the time in conversation.
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Case got his haircut (see prior post) today. I got mine cut a few days ago. I colored it too. New school year, time for a change. Not to mention the gray hair I now have coming in around my head.
Liam didn't want to feel left out so he got his first tooth in today! I saw it through his gums around 4:30 (during Casen's haircut), but I couldn't feel it. During church, about 45 minutes later, I felt it. His first tooth.
Maybe one of these days, I'll get a picture of it. Right now, he doesn't like to show it off!
So Casen's hair has gotten really really long. We love his little curls, but his hair has to be long in order to have the curls. It has been to the point lately that we couldn't really keep it fixed because it was way past needing a good trim. Today, he got his haircut short. He did great! It was the first time since his first haircut that he didn't scream and cry. He's getting to be such a big boy. I forgot how good looking he is now that I can see his face! haha
The picture at the top of the post is from this morning. Sweet brothers. Case laid down on Baby, and Liam would run his fingers through Casen's hair. Sweet Sweet brothers.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Saturday evening, we took a boat ride across to eat dinner at a restaurant on the docks. We talked to Case about behaving on the boat beforehand. He was very serious on the boat. Staying still and taking it all in. He was funny to watch. He wouldn't take his lifejacket off until we were inside the restaurant. Liam was like a little doll on the boat. He couldn't move his head, but being a social boy, he would cut his eyes around and smile at someone to get them to talk to him.
The boat ride was a fun success!
Case is still talking about how his hat fell in the water, and Daddy saved it.
This past weekend we got to visit our friend Trey and Lauren down at Lake Texoma. We've visited them the last two summers, but this summer was the first time for us to meet their daughter Layne (and their first time to meet Liam). Layne is 10 days younger than Liam; it was fun to watch them interact. Some observations from our weekend:
1. A long-haired dachshund named Daffany was a hit with both our boys.
2. Liam can unscrew a doorjam off in 10 seconds flat (hence, the picture of Case trying to distract Liam with a cup of water).
3. Kids LOVE stairs. Proven with a 3-story house.
4. Case only fell down the stairs once, and he just missed the second-to-last step outside. A little scrape was all that resulted. Liam never did - we were on the look-out constantly (and the sound-out...if we heard his little hands and feet start slapping the floor quickly we knew he was full steam ahead for the stairs).
5. Layne is such a sweetie! She can be pretty serious and calm; she's so pretty!
6. Liam has no qualms about taking toys (or a phone) away from Baby Layne.
"That's what Big Brother does - why can't I do it to Layne? She's younger than me!"
7. Case is a sweetie towards all babies, not just his own baby brother (probably having Baby Paige at daycare helps out too : )
8. I can't imagine having twins. Layne and Liam are so close in age, it was like having twins around. But much much easier. There were two sets of parents around this weekend.