Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fun Weekend, Hectic Week

For Fall Break, we went up to Kansas to see family (pictures to come...and I have a lot of other pics and videos to load onto my blog as well...I'll do it soon hopefully!). We had a great time. I'm so glad Casen got to have his first Kansas Visit. I have so many fond memories of Pburg visits - I can't wait as Casen gets older and makes his own memories there. Casen got to see his aunts and cousins again along with some other cousins and uncles he hadn't met yet. Both Casen and I started having problems with our allergies last week. I think it compounded over the weekend with a cold. Needless to say, neither one of us feel great, and I think Josh is a bit under the weather too. I guess though for our first "family sickness", it hasn't been too bad. It could be worse. I'm planning on working short days the rest of the week so Case and I can rest at home and start feeling 100% again. It's OSU Homecoming this weekend - we've got to start feeling better soon! : )

Some Favorite PBurg Memories:
1. Playing Ghost in the Graveyard at Jason and Becky's Farm - hiding in the corn and freaking out because I had just watched Children of the Corn
2. Jason scaring us by coming through the front door late one night with a chainsaw...apparently the FARM is scary!
3. Doing crafts or something along those lines with my aunts and cousins...last August, we made favor boxes for my cousin Jeremy's wedding.
4. Cook-outs at Aunt Brenda and Uncle Norman's
5. Playing hide and go seek on the top floor of AUnt Sissie and Uncle Bob's house...and the adults telling us to calm down because we're making the walls shake
6. Spending 2 weeks in PBurg when Papaw was dying...I'm so appreciative I had that time to tell him GoodBye and build stronger relationships with my Family up there. After that summer, I felt closer to everyone, especially my Mamaw. God blessed us with Family during that hard time.
7. Hugs from all the Fam...especially my Uncle Bob

No comments: