1. Decorations...ideas from Pinterest....elementary school teacher sis-in-law helps you set up (she knew the best way to hang up a huge piece of paper and added some great ideas on displaying the signs)
2. Have your talented Mama make the cake.
3. Pose the kids.
4. Take a great picture of the birthday boy. Costume is a must.
5. Sing Happy Birthday
6. Scare the living daylights out of the children by having Lizard Man show up.*
7. Open gifts and play, play, play!
I had to use "think" a lot in my descriptions above because I was on the floor holding Liam trying to convince him that Lizard man was just Daddy dressed up and it was okay. Watch the video on Facebook for the full terrifying effect.