Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Gush (or Two) About Button

The following is mainly so I will remember this fun stage with Button. I'm warning you; you probably shouldn't read. It's braggy/annoying mom times twelve.

Button got her third tooth (one of her top front ones) yesterday. She also said, "Bubba" and "JJ" this weekend, too. I think she said, "Bubba" because he fried up some pork chops that she devoured. She's my little meat eater - just like her brothers. I was about to joke that she'll never eat vegetarian, but I was the same way growing up. I think I enlisted my brother into a mutiny the time my mom tried a new recipe that had no meat. After that one time, I would ask Mom, "Are we having meat tonight?" My love of high protein faded, and I enjoy vegetarian meals now. So see, there's hope for Button too.

Button has said "Mama" from time to time I think. She only does it if she's mad and wants me to do something - like pick her up. It's so infrequent and quick, I'm not sure if she is really saying it. This weekend I promise she said her own name. Uncle Jar was holding her, playing saying, "Haddie!" She said plain-as-day, "Ha-ddie." Both Jar and I looked at each other and said, "Did she just say, 'Haddie'?!?!"

Things I love about Button:

the way she lifts her arms up now so you'll pick her up

her hugs and kisses

the looks she gives - the attitude ones she gives the men in her life are hilarious. And probably a preview of things to come.

her scooting ability. She's very, very sneaky. You think, there's no way she can reach that _____. Next thing you know, she's holding it.

her eating ability. Unlike her brothers at this age, she loves solid food and can pick up little pieces and feed herself. Kinda.

No comments: