Friday, August 12, 2005

Start

So I decided to jump on the blog bandwagon and start my own. I've finished two years of chemistry graduate school and still have at least a couple more to go. Graduate school at a large, public university was a totally different ballgame than my undergrad experience at a small, private university. Everybody was smart...really smart. Most everybody is all about work...that's their life. So to get through the stress, I have to laugh at the craziness around me. Case in point, my first week at school I run into the eccentric professor who talks to himself outloud in the hallway. I was embarrassed for him, but nobody else seemed to notice. Now I don't even notice it anymore. I guess I'm getting used to the "eccentric-ness" of my field.

3 comments:

Joshua Nichols, MS, LMFT said...

Hey babe,
One thing you might not realize now is that you also talk to yourself. I hate to break it to ya. lol. Good job on creating this blog. I especially like the background. Going for some kind of molecular look are you?

April said...

Congratulations on your first blog! I love that you hinted at the fact that people at small universities are not all smart! HA HA! Love ya

April said...

Hey Amanda,
I am sorry it has taken me so long to read your blog, but I'm very excited about it... you know, so many people have blogs these days! But yours is one of the few I will try to keep up with! Love ya and miss ya!