Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Top Things Heard in the First Experiment

1. Can I just pour the powdered chemical onto the balance? (NO, that is why you have a spatula in your lab drawer.)
2. I spilled some acid.
3. CRASH! (Somebody drops a beakers and it breaks.)
4. Oh! Uh, water is coming up the drains and flooding the sinks. (Thanks to our building's lab pipes that are older than time.)
5. Where's the filter paper/pH paper?
6. I don't have any product! (In essence, your experiment didn't work.)
7. My calculations are way off. (Density of water should be around 1 g/mL; some people's densities were around 0.5 g/mL.)
8. I added acetone instead of water twice; I didn't read the bottle label (twice). I had to repeat the experiment three times.
9. Oh, I'm so behind!
10. Am I done yet?

2 comments:

April said...

Nicely Done in the true spirit of a scientist...I didn't understand half of it! HA! Just kidding! Sorry we keep playing phone tag!

melloman said...

FRANCE: Ricard family ups Pernod stake
The Ricard family has increased its stake in Pernod Ricard. In a filing issued by the French market watchdog yesterday , the family was seen to have spent 40m on increasing its holding in the wine and spirits ...
Hi, I was just checking out blogs and surfing through some and found you! I like your blog. I will book mark it and come back soon. If you are interested, go see my horse lovers related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.horse lovers