Thursday, September 01, 2005

Slow Group

So I love my group I have for lab. They are hardworking and fun. They follow the rules about appropriate lab wear and wearing their goggles. I don't have to be on their case about dumb stuff like that then.
But they're slow. Out of 6 labs, we have finished last everytime. And if you finish early we get to leave early! Yay! But we're usually there extra by a whole hour. I give them directions beforehand and ways to be efficient. I call out time warnings. I'll have to think about some ways to get them to quicken their pace. I got scared today when I overheard one student saying, "In all my labs, I always take the whole time...I'm always the slowest."
Maybe I should offer bonus points if they finish their labs in two hours instead of three...just kidding. At least, they have successful labs. Most of the time.

No comments: