Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Pretty Panties

It's pretty common knowledge that I'm not the most graceful person. It's not uncommon for me to stumble or run into furniture. Today was no different. During my office hours, I was tutoring several students (about 20 or so) in a large classroom. I kept running into tables and what not. Then I ran into this cabinet and somehow the handle caught hold of my back jean pocket. Yep, you guessed it. My jeans got ripped open with one butt cheek falling out. Oh, but do I notice right away? NO! I walk across the room and sit down to help another student. Some girl in there had pity on me (bless her!) and came and whispered the truth to me. So I finished with my chemistry explanation with one hand over my butt and then ran to my office two floors down and across to the other side of the building. I run into a friend of mine who sees me in a frantic rush. I quickly tell him, "I ripped my pants open - I'm going for my jacket!" He yells after me, "Are you hurt?" I yell back running down the stairs, "No! Just incredibly embarrassed!" I retrieve my jacket and wrap it around my waist. But I have to go back to my office hours. My time isn't up yet. Students are completely lost in chemistry. So I swallow my pride and walk back in there. Nobody said anything, but I'm sure everyone in the class will know soon enough. The class is over 100 students. Exciting news. Well, I guess it could have been way worse. At least, I was wearing pretty panties. Granny panties would have been more embarrassing. A thong would have been mortifying.

2 comments:

April said...

Oh pal! What can I say? Life is awesome isn't it!? At least you have a sense of humor! What were you celebrating!!!

April said...

You crack me up!