Saturday, February 18, 2006

Riding the Van

Our church has started picking children up in Stillwater in vans on Wednesday nights. It's reminiscient of "joy buses" from a couple of decades ago. Anyway, I've had the opportunity of being a co-pilot three times so far...which basically means I make sure they buckle up and can open their snacks. Oh, and I'm soppossed to be the navigator, but as my friends and family know, I have no sense of direction. Usually, if the driver has a question about where to go next, I show him the map. It's quite an experience - I've gone on 3 different routes now so I've met 3 different groups of kids. Sometimes it's a difficult job and sad when you hear some of them talk about their lives...but it's always rewarding. All these kids come to church for different reasons...some because they want to know more about God...others because they get to ride in a van and get snacks...others because church is a better place to spend a couple of hours than home...but no matter the reason, seeds are being planted. I guess that's the main reason I co-pilot.

1 comment:

April said...

That sounds awesome! I'm so glad you are doing that! I can't wait to see you!!!!!!!