Monday, May 15, 2006

Riding the Deathtrap

Ok, so I'm exagerrating a bit about my ride this morning on the OSU bus. It wasn't a deathtrap..but it was close. First, I got on the wrong bus this morning and ended up riding an extra 45 minutes around town. The driver tells me later that I needed the southbound gray bus...apparently you tell which ones are south/northbound by which direction they're facing in the Wal-Mart parking lot. I think I'll just ask the driver this afternoon when I go home if this is the right bus. I had seen the buses around town and knew that the drivers were pretty aggressive. I had heard stories about the bus drivers. Yet, I was still in shock when the bus maneuvered around railroad crossing bars (true, there was no train moving per say on the track and we needed to stay on schedule, but still). When some car pulled out in front of our bus cutting us off - did our driver slow down? No, apparently OSU buses have right away at all times - like pedestrians. He just sped up and gave the driver a hand signal. Nice. The bus shakes when it's moving. When it's going really fast (which is almost all the time), it shakes like it's about to take off to the moon. But I will say that our driver was nice at least. I guess that's better than having a crazy, mean driver. I can deal with crazy, but not mean. So hopefully I'll find the right bus going home and get there in one piece.

3 comments:

April said...

HA!! That is an awesome story! Is that what you wanted to tell me this morning when I called? That's incredible!

April said...

HA!! That is an awesome story! Is that what you wanted to tell me this morning when I called? That's incredible!

Amanda said...

I decided to save on gas money...riding the bus is "free" for students (we pay fees for it automatically as students). I'm going to try again tomorrow!