Monday, November 27, 2006

An Update: Wichita, Turkey Day, Bedlam, and Proposal






I've had a good past couple of weeks. About 2-3 weekends ago, Josh and me went up to Wichita and saw some of my family. We had a good time talking and laughing with my aunt, uncle, cousins, and Mamaw.
Thanksgiving was quick but fun. It was good to catch up with family and spend time with my 5-year-old niece. She said the Pledge of Allegiance, sang the Star-Spangled Banner, said the Oklahoma pledge, and some of her "expectations" from school. She also got to stay with her May May (me) and Big Josh for a night at Josh's dad and his wife's house one night. So with go-carting, hot-tubbing, a family feud game, and making s'mores and singing around a campfire, I'd say my Thanksgiving was pretty good. Oh yeah, I also had GREAT food.
This past weekend was Bedlam...we lost, but it was still a good game. The pictures are us after the game showing off our faceart. Go Pokes!
Today I had my practice proposal presentation for my reserch group and advisor. I survived it...now I have to prepare and survive Friday. It's almost over! Keep on praying!

2 comments:

Joshua Nichols, MS, LMFT said...

Just to let everyone know. We left our camera in the car the day of the game. But, Amanda made up for it by taking 20 pictures (no exaggeration) of our faces in the car on the way home.

Amanda, you truly make my life enjoyable. I love you.

Amanda said...

our camera was working for a long stretch for once..of course i was going to keep taking pictures until it died.
glad i'm still entertaining : )