Friday, February 08, 2008

My Favorite Times with Casen Thus Far

Even though Casen is only a week and half old, he's changed so much - his looks, his little personality, his behavior. It's already reminding me how quickly he's going to grow up. Here are my favorite memories up to this point:
1. When he came out and they laid him on my chest. I'll never forget how unbelievable it felt that this little person came from me. It made the pain of pregnancy and labor and delivery fade away.
2. When Josh holds Casen. You can tell Josh is entralled with him and loves him so much.
3. Casen's raspy cry when he was hungry. He's already stopped doing this though.
4. When he came back from the nursery after they had to put an IV in his little hand. I knew he was resilient and tough...and maybe even a little onery. He was going to be okay and it was like he knew it. His hair was all mussed up and he was swinging his IV arm around like he was trying to throw it off. He wasn't crying or even upset though.
5. The way he likes to cuddle. He's definitely our child!
6. When he's looking around taking it all in.
7. Instead of upsetting him, hiccups calm him down. I guess it reminds him of being in the womb - he had them at least daily inside me.

4 comments:

Joshua Nichols, MS, LMFT said...

I definately miss that raspy cry. I wish we had footage of it.

April said...

I think Casen and I will get along great! Loves to cuddle AND gets the hiccups? He could be MY child! Ha! Love you guys!

**JJ** said...

mom told me of that raspy cry.. darn that mister chubs has already stopped doin it!! isn't it amazing how he's only been here a week and you already have favorite moments!! i love it!!! y'all are gonna be AWESOME parental units!!

April said...

Heidi has the hiccups all the time too... and did when I was pregnant. Except they do upset her.
:(