Thursday, July 02, 2009

Wichita Fun













Case and I made the trek up to Wichita this past weekend for my cousin's wedding shower. We had a good time seeing some family. We got to spend time with Mamaw, Aunt Sissie, Annie, and Jared and his family. We did some shopping, ate yummy homemade enchiladas, had dairy queen!, and went swimming Saturday. Sunday was busy but we had time for a nap after church and lunch before the shower.
Case enjoyed being with everybody - especially PJ the dog (when he wasn't sniffing his cucumber melon soap on his skin), Jared, and Jared's brother Dave. Saturday night Case went up to Jared's brother and kept telling him, "Dog. Dog. Dog." Someone spoke up and said, "Casen wants you to acknowledge him." Apparently Case thought he still needed to win Dave over. So he goes over later to him and wants him to pick him up. He had Dave pick him up and hold him a lot that weekend. Case also liked to have Jared hold him. Jared was a great help with Case. He took him out to play at our lunch on Sunday, and then got him ready and helped me load the car on Sunday so we wouldn't be late to the shower. Jared is going to be a great daddy someday, Annie!
Mamaw liked to push Case around in his stroller when we were at the malls. She took Case into Bath & Body Works (I know, this is what happens when a boy joins a Wood Family's Girl's Outing) and let him pick out a rubber duck. He didn't want the green one, but the purple one. He already has a green duck - he needed a different color! Mamaw up to this point kept saying she wasn't going to guess what I was having - that she had been wrong every time up to this point. That went out the window when she bought the baby a pink duck! I guess she's voting for a girl : )
Case had fun at the pool with an audience watching him. He liked to get out of the pool and stand where Mamaw and Aunt Sissie were sitting then get back into the pool using the steps. Its always a treat seeing some of my family. Being with Mamaw and Aunt Sissie was like seeing my mom so that was especially nice since I've been homesick for my parents (I get to see them in 2 weeks! woohoo!).
I had a good time hearing and seeing some of the wedding plans. Sissie showed us where and how the ceremony and reception is going to be set up. Annie showed me the gorgeous bridesmaid dresses. It's going to be a beautiful wedding!

3 comments:

Sharlene said...

I enjoyed being with you and Casen too! Thanks for sharing the pictures and I really appreciate you sharing the weekend with us!

I think we all agree that Jared and Dave are good with little ones. I'm excited to think that someday Jared will be the wonderful Christian Daddy to our grandchildren.

How is Casen doing with the ducks?
See you soon!

Amanda said...

he loves the ducks! they joined the rest of the flock in the bathtub!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed being with you and Casen too! Thanks for sharing the pictures and I really appreciate you sharing the weekend with us!

Get More Details