Monday, September 14, 2009

Mr. Independent

That's what my mom called Case today when I relayed this story to her.

Case wanted to get his shoes on his feet by himself with NO HELP today. He kept throwing fits because he couldn't get the crocks to get on his feet all the way. I tried putting the shoes up, but he didn't forget. I tried to help which threw him into a tantrum even more. Finally, I pulled the back strap towards the front so he could just slip them on. When Case finally got his shoes on (after 30 minutes of trying), he was so happy. Complete joy. He was so proud of himself. Then he walked around the house with his shoes on for about 5 minutes.

Then he pulled his shoes off. I guess those 5 minutes of glory was all he was after.

1 comment:

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Hmmm... reminds me of us sometimes - so intent on doing things ourselves and sometimes we just need to know we can do a certain thing!