Monday, July 11, 2011

Bumbleberry Pie

Anybody who knows me well knows that I don't really care to cook. I don't mind baking, but it's not high on my priority list so I rarely do it. But lately, I've been a Bumbleberry Pie Makin' Queen (3 in the last few weeks which is sure to be a record).

My aunt makes it so after she bought the stuff while I was in Kansas, I made one up there. My first pie crust from scratch! My other aunt sent me home with the recipe and now I've made 2 pies. Here is the complete recipe, but I add more filling ingredients including rhubarb when I can find it.


Having a helper is always nice.

Here's a bowl of all the yummy berries and apples mixed up:


I was proud of these little homemade blobs.


Spreading the crust into the dish. I didn't use a dish this deep the first time I made the pie. I baked the extra filling in a separate dish and then people can just eat that (for those who don't care for pie crust) or pile some more filling on top of their pie slice.


Before I baked it:


Of course, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product (and again when I made another one 3 days later!). So here's what it should look like once the pie is baked. Of course, mine wasn't as pretty, but it sure was yummy! Serve with icecream.

2 comments:

RitaKay said...

What a cute little assistant! Congrats on the pie making. Looks good. Way to go!

Brendakaye said...

I have made more Bumbleberry pies this year than anyother must be a bumbleberry pie year. made one sunday forgot hte strawberries but it was still great!!