Friday, August 26, 2011

Bedtime Sprint

Now that Liam is getting older, both boys are playing more together. They talk to each other (though I have no idea what they are actually saying usually). They laugh together. And yes, they fight, but for the time being, not a whole lot. They are brothers that love each other.

Sigh. (Wiping tears from my eyes)

So now you know why I was crazy enough to let them "try" to sleep in the same bed. I had been thinking about how it might be difficult to transition L Child from his crib to a toddler bed. Maybe it would be easier if sometimes he slept with C. I mentioned it to Josh that maybe we should try it some Friday night. He suggested it might be a good idea to try it now. The boys LOVED the idea. So why not? Right?

After several minutes of maniacal laughing coming from Casen's room where two little boys were tucked in together it got a little calm. Josh and I started to watch something on TV relaxing and enjoying the moment.

All of a sudden, Wild Man Liam sprints into the living room laughing hysterically and bounds into the boys' Lightning McQueen tent which is next to the couch.

After I stopped laughing and could control myself (Josh was still laughing), I got Liam and rocked him and put him in his crib.

Casen needed some comfort. He was upset. Not because Liam was in his own bed. Nope, my little rule-follower was upset that Liam had gotten out of bed when it was time to go to sleep.

Maybe C will be the voice of reason when he and L child are 18 and 16.

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Crack me up, and WHAT A BRAVE MOVE! Too funny with the little rule follower. Annie for sure, while Pam and I would make out getaway! What cute little guys!

Jacqueline said...

"our" getaway. Yikes