Sunday, January 20, 2013

Birthday This Year

I turned the big 32 this year.
I received lots of well wishes, cards, and gifts - I felt blessed and loved.
My favorite gifts were the ones given by the boys.


L Child bought me this card. Then we worked on the puzzle. If you know me well, you might know that I'm awful at puzzles. Awful. This puzzle was especially torture because most of the pieces fit together. It wasn't until I had an eye where the legs were that I realized L Child and I needed to start again. 


Casen's special gift were glitter pencils. He even sharpened them for me and drew a bunch of pictures and gave me some arts lessons on drawing aliens and astronauts and rocket ships.


C got me an interactive card as well. Then L Child got me the new Spiderman movie (probably partially in hopes that he will get to watch it; he did get to see some clips of his hero). C got me the soundtrack to Nashville. And yes, I'm admitting I watch this soap  opera-ish show. But it sucks you in once you start watching it. And the music is really good. And I don't like all country music. Just sayin'.



Josh and I got to go out yesterday morning. It worked out well; evening dates are still out since that's when I'm usually sick and tired.

Doesn't Josh look excited? (All the pictures from this day and the next look like this.) Poor guy - I think he's extra-tired, and that's sayin' a lot for a narcoleptic. This pregnancy has wiped him out since I've been so sick. I'm so thankful for such an understanding husband.


I wanted a tummy shot. I think I'm smaller this time compared to this time when I was pregnant with L Child, but I'll have to do a comparison some time to figure it out.

We did enjoy our date. I found some new boots, and we really liked Les Mis. I was will say that Les Mis and pregnant hormones don't mix well. I didn't want to ball in the theater so the rest of the day I felt like crying. Aw, but totally worth it for that movie!

No comments: