Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Home Again

I got to come home last night after being gone for a month away in Oxford. It was a long day of travel including a missed connecting flight in Chicago. I was full of tears for about four hours until I found out I got a seat on the last flight of the night to OKC. It did my heart oh so good to see my family outside of security last night at Will Rogers Airport.



Lots of hugging and holding has ensued since then.


I remember coming home last year from my month away so I was prepared this year in some ways. There's something special about being immersed in a beautiful place with special friends where you can grow as a person: intellectually, socially, and spiritually. So like last year, I miss it already.


But, oh it's good to be home! I've filled my day up with good things so far.
Cuddling with the kids and sitting in the backyard with Josh enjoying the morning.


Short run in the Oklahoma sun.

Coffee with Mom and Dad.

Mexican food. 
Twice in less than 12 hours.

Thanks to Josh and kids' schedules: time to reflect and be thankful.

I have a list of blog entries I'll probably work on over the the next week or so. Academic things. Running updates. And friends post. For now though, I'm thankful for home and family and friends, new and old.

No comments: