Tuesday, January 24, 2017

It's Rough Getting Back To It

After my post-marathon hiatus through the holidays, I'm not gonna lie. 


 Running has been ROUGH.

My ten-mile run this past weekend was really rough. It's been hard not to get discouraged, especially when I glance at my pace and realize that the hills are getting to me, and though I feel like I'm going fast, I'm definitely not. 


Yesterday after one mile, my legs were already sore and hurting. I self-talked and told myself that just like always after a break, it'll come back. I'll be fast again.

I was super happy when I saw my time at the end.


It's nowhere near my fastest time, but it was the first time in a long time that I had a sub-10-minute pace. And that's the story of running (or I imagine any type of training):

The training will pay off.


Your body will "remember" its better in-shape you, and the faster pace will come back sooner this time than the first time.


Celebrate the small victories.


No comments: