Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Memories from Seeing Friends This Weekend

1. Josh and I were waiting at the IHOP for his cousin to show us the way to his house and for my friend April. A truck pulls up with two guys in it, and Josh says, "That's Cody!" We go to either side, and I'm about to hug "Cody"...uh, it wasn't him. Some random stranger that Josh and I were going to welcome to IHOP.

2. April and I going to "work" at the Texas State Library. We were detoured first trying to find the student union so I could eat something. When we finally found the library and got settled we mostly talked and sometimes laughed too loud.

3. We met up with Adam later that day to go to the outlet malls...it's the biggest temptation to go with the two biggest shoppers ever. I did well though..I bought Josh a xmas gift, two shirts for myself, and a pair of boots. Better than I did last spring break (sigh).

4. Josh met up with us and then we all met Elizabeth at a German restaurant. I had pork shnitzel which was surpisingly good. It was good to see Elizabeth and reminensce about our high school chemistry lab days. Elizabeth was our "odd job girl" - she couldn't even measure water back then. Now she majored in biology and minored in chemistry and teaches biology. Very impressive.

5. Saturday I got to go see my friend Sara, her husband, and her little boy Alex. I had never met him..the last time I saw Sara she was pregnant with him. He was funny and cute - just like all the stories Sara tells me. I had a good time visiting with them and ate GOOD Mexican food!

6. Sunday was a long day. After church and lunch (good Mexican food again) and a quick trip to April's to see her new piano, the 9 hours drive was LONG. Josh and I switched off and slept a lot. I don't think I'll take I-35 again down there...it was too busy almost the whole way..even outside of Austin and Fort Worth. I think I'll take the back state highways next time. Living in Oklahoma so long has made me too gentle to drive in Texas I think!

4 comments:

**JJ** said...

HEHEHEHEHEHE... I LIKE THE FIRST ONE THE BEST!!!!! I COULD JUST SEE Y'ALL.... THAT'S CODY!!! :RUNNING TO HIS TRUCK: CODY CODY.... OH SORRY THOUGHT YOU WERE SOMEONE ELSE... BUT WELCOME TO IHOP!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. I LOVE IT!!!!

Amanda said...

the guys were actually cool about it...i'm thinking they either thought we were crazy or mixed up about who they were...

April said...

Awww, it sounds like you had a great time. I wish I could have hung out with you guys! :(

Amanda said...

me too!!!