Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Oh so sleepy!

I have never been this tired before in my life. I'm so tired I can't sleep. I zone out almost instantly while I'm sitting or standing around. I'm kinda afraid that I'll never be able to really sleep again and I'll go around the rest of my life feeling like I got ran over by a truck.
In the last 60 hours or so I've had about 5 hours of sleep. I stayed up two nights to finish my proposal. I think the adrenaline or something was keeping me awake. One of my students asked me today in lab if I felt tired...apparently, I look like I got ran over by a truck.
I'm waiting to take care of something at school and then I'm going home. I'll relax watching LOST and then I'm going to sleep, sleep, sleep. And not have nightmares of the proposal needing to still be written.

3 comments:

Joshua Nichols, MS, LMFT said...

To the fan club of "daily reactions of a chemist," let me give you a little insight to the lovely author of this blog. She committed to her profession, yes. However, I begin to wonder if she could do research on Lost, she would. After fueling up with countless cups of coffee drinks and dr. peppers from various location, Amanda managed to stay awake for 60+ hours (w/ 5 hrs sleep) to finish the notorious proposal. You all know this. You also know that she STAYED AWAKE even longer to watch lost, even though we recorded it! And to add to her Lost obsession, she woke up this morning (after 7 hrs sleep) a bit startled because the polar bears were dragging her into the cave with Mr. Echo (refer back to previous lost episode). After I calm her down, hoping she is not mistaking me for John Locke (as I am bald headed), she proceeds to tell me her theories of the show. Oh, I remember when I was as mysterous to her as Lost is....bitter, I think not. However, she does allow me to work the remote.

Robert said...

lol hilarious. I love it! While nothing as stressful as a proposal, I have gone with 3 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours with a possible all nighter looking me square in the eye. I have threee tests tomorrow, a lesson plan to prepare, mid terms next week...yet I stopped everything to watch Smallville and now I am about to watch tonight's episode of The Office (which I taped!). I justify this by saying "well I am drinking coffee while watching, which I need to stay awake longer". Ahh the dedication and the peace I have in my sesne of having well balanced priorities. Thank the good Lord I am not alone in this!

April said...

Amanda, good job on all the hard work!!! I knew you could do it. Now get some sleep!