Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Don't Touch My Food!

So because I'm hungry all the time now (see earlier posts if you're confused as to why), I've become very greedy with my food.

Case #1
We were at some friends' house and the husband popped me some popcorn and gave me the bowl. As I sat there eating it, I thought, "I'm not going to share this bowl (with his wife next to me). I'm starving and we're going to be here about 3 hours. I've already eaten my nutrigrain bar. I've got to eat this whole bowl by myself." So I never offered her any. When I would set the bowl down, I put it between Josh and me so she couldn't reach for any. I had no guilt either. I thought, "Hey, it's her house. She could go pop herself some more popcorn if she really wanted." Poor friend of mine. Maybe she didn't notice my greedy behavior that night.

Case #2
This weekend my in-laws came up to see us. We had a good time with them. They bought sausages and hot links to cook out on the grill, but because I'm not a big fan of them, they bought some hamburgers for me. They ended up grilling 7 hamburgers (for me). Later the next day, when my mom-in-law made herself one of MY hamburgers, my first thought was, "What?!! Those are mine! I might need to eat those - all 7 of them!" Then I calmed myself down with the thought that there's no way I would want to eat 7 hamburgers in a row - I'll be sick of them way before then. I kept my mouth shut and later when my dad-in-law made himself one too. I confessed my greedy thoughts later to her and made her laugh.

So maybe that will fade with time. I think my food aversions are getting better. I was able to eat fried chicken today for the first time in 7 weeks.

4 comments:

April said...

Awww...poor hungry Amanda! I'll make sure we get two of everything when I see you so that you are well equipped! Love ya!

April said...

Hang in there! :) I'm glad you were able to eat chicken again. I guess I have had problems with not wanting too much meat in general but it is getting better.

Amanda said...

really? i crave meat - beef especially. i think its the iron i want.

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Mandie - you are so funny! I didn't think you had it in you to be greedy - guess pregnancy does strange things to us women! You keep on eating - I am so thankful you feel hungry and can keep stuff down! Glad you can eat chicken again too!