Thursday, July 19, 2007

Symptoms

Last night I couldn't sleep. So one of the things I did was count all my pregnancy symptoms (mainly physical, but some mentally and emotionally as well). I counted 31 things. 31 different not-so-fun things. Some of them have gone away or are beginning to fade. I never knew how much your body changes when you're pregnant.
One of the blessings though is that I'm realizing I don't care so much how icky I feel. It's not fun, but it'll be worth it in the end when I get to meet our baby. So I guess another symptom is that I've toughened up a bit - realized it's not just about me and Josh anymore. And I'm okay with that.

3 comments:

**JJ** said...

of all the things you could have been thinking about you decided to tally up your pregnancy symptoms!! thats funny!!! did it make you sleepy?? haha.. that is okay.. once you find out what it is, you'll start realizing all the crap that needs to be done.. all the different ways to rearrange the room and how you want to decorate it.. that is what i think about every nite now.. keeps my mind busy!!

April said...

I hear ya Amanda... that's good that you are focusing on the end result. I need to do that more! Of course I think about our baby and how wonderful it will be when it's finally here, but sometimes those symptoms tend to cloud the mind, huh?

Amanda said...

no thinking about the symptoms didn't make me sleepy - bleh! haha
i think once you're not as sick april, it's easier to be more excited. that's how i've been. the first few weeks of my sickness i was so sick i thought i will never have another baby. but that's gone away now. : )