Tuesday, July 03, 2007

So I'm a Dork...

Yesterday, I had to go to our bank to discuss some mortage insurance stuff. I had set up a meeting with our friend from church we'll call Susie Johnson. She called me in the morning and told me that she had to go out of town unexpectantly, but that her friend Kay will help me. So a little before 4 PM I headed downtown to BancFirst. I go inside the bank and ask to speak to Kay. The lady said they didn't have a Kay working for them in the loan department, but they do have a Kade. I said, "Oh, that must be who it is." I wait for Kade, and then when I'm shown into his office, he asks what he can do for me. I explain that our friend Susie Johnson was going to help us and had set up the meeting with him. He pauses, then says, "Um, Susie Johnson doesn't work here. She works at...I think BancFirst." I freeze and realize. I had walked into the wrong bank. I was in a bank downtown, but I had walked into Stillwater National Bank. Oops. Well, I was already embarrassed, and I didn't want to admit that I had just walked into the wrong bank so I played it off like I thought she worked at this bank. Whoops. When I did arrive at BancFirst, I didn't say anything to Kay (it was Kay actually, who would've thought?). So lesson learned. From now on, I read the signs out in front of the buildings.

1 comment:

April said...

Ha ha... wow, that is a great story! :) You can blame it on the hormones. :)