Thursday, March 27, 2008

Seminar Done...One step closer to graduating...

Today I delivered my seminar to my department (and to Josh and Kellie who were so kind to attend). I summed up the research I've done the past 5 years. I had to work hard and through most of the night to get it ready, but it went really well. I was really at peace about it beforehand - what a blessing! Now I just need to finish writing my dissertation and defend. That's all. ha!

Oh, I did need to share this though:
My advisor introduced me today before I spoke. He said some nice things and funny things. "Amanda's done a lot of work these past years. She's produced a lot of neat results and she also produced a baby this year too."
I thought it was funny that having Casen was listed as one of my accomplishments toward my doctorate. Of course, I think it is - but I'm probably a bit partial!

1 comment:

April said...

Way to go! Ha... I love the comment about Casen! Of course he has helped you! :)