Wednesday, April 02, 2008

When Will I Feel Normal Again??

So Monday was beautiful outside. Josh and I took Case for a walk around the lake. He slept about half of it and then the rest he was awake to enjoy the movement and look at his mommy and daddy. If we closed the covering over him to shield him from the wind, he would "yell" every so often so we would open it again. He's gotten more social and wants to be with people.
It was my first walk around the lake since before I had Case. Man, was I sore! It's about 3 miles around, and I had probably walked a mile already at school walking back and forth to my car. I had to keep telling Josh to slow down. Usually, he has to tell me to slow down when we walk since I'm a fast walker. But with some motrin and a long night, I felt okay in the morning.
I'm thinking it's going to be awhile until I'm back in shape. I've lost about half of my baby weight; the rest is coming off slowly but surely (thanks to weight watchers!). After a long day, I'm pretty sore still and have to just lay on the couch. A friend of mine told me that it took her 6 months to feel normal again. 6 months!? Well, that's my goal - to feel normal again in 4 more months. : )

3 comments:

kellie said...

I'm sure it's tough not feeling "normal," but you look FANTASTIC! Keep up the good work =)

Amanda said...

thanks : )
you're too sweet!

April said...

Hey Amanda, I feel the same way too! I can't wait to feel normal again! I think I still have about 10 pounds to go to be back at pre-pregnancy weight, but I think my body will never quite be the same again. Ha! Good luck with losing your weight and getting to feel normal again!