Saturday, February 06, 2010

Bath Time and Musings From a Mama







Liam loves a bath. You can see his body relax as he sits in the warm water. He looks around - the faucet and the mirror catch his eye. He stares at himself or me in the mirror. Liam smiles. Casen liked watching Liam taking a bath - he talked sweet to him and also touched the water a few times. Casen also asked if he could get into the bath - first the sink bath then the tub (he had just taken a bath himself).

It wasn't until these pictures that I realized Liam is gett'in chubby! Sweet cute baby boy. Liam wasn't skinny when he was born but he definitely wasn't chubby like Case was when he was born. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that we induced a week earlier with Liam so he didn't have as much time to fatten up. Now that he is putting on more weight, he looks even more like Casen's baby pictures.

Times like these are reminding me of similar times with Casen. It's only been 2 years, but I've already forgotten some things about Casen being a baby. That's probably good at times. I forgot how tired I was when Case was a newborn. Until today. I'm tired a lot of the time, and its difficult to balance time with two kids and a husband now (and the rest of life). Then I remembered after Josh reminded me the first 3 months with Casen. It was the same way. I actually think I was zombie-like closer to 6 months (Case didn't sleep long periods of time for awhile). But an amazing thing happens. You forget about the hard times. They pass from your mind as you make more and more happy memories. My dad told me that when he was talking about not remembering much of the hard times when we were babies. So some things I'm remembering about Casen's early life isn't necessarily great (except it's encouraging because I know it gets easier), but I also am remembering precious memories. Giving Liam a bath reminded me of Casen. When he was a newborn, he would lay in his bathtub sling and just relax as well. He would swing his leg out of the sling and put it in the water. Case was so very calm in the bath. I can picture his sweet little face at that age.

I'm so thankful for my two boys. They bring such joy into our lives. I'm also thankful that God is teaching me some things (more than once) about focusing on the blessings in life.

6 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Love that sweet little face, and that snuggly squish of a baby's body! Can't wait to meet little Liam. He looks so sweet!

Mom aka Kimberly said...

I love this age, he is such a sweet bundle of joy!

Brendakaye said...

He is so cute, he is getting chubby, it is so cute Casen watching him that is really sweet

Amber said...

I can't believe how much he looks like Josh in the face!

Amanda said...

i know amber...sigh..maybe one day I'll have a child that looks like me from birth : )

April said...

I can understand what you mean about forgetting about some of the hard times and just remembering the good things... thank goodness... it does get easier! :)