Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Science Museum














A couple of weeks ago, my mom and I took the boys to the Science Museum. I highly recommend it to families. Casen had a blast! The whole place was geared for kids of all ages (and adults).

They had a toddler area that Case got to play with boats in the water. There are little waterfalls and dams in that area. Case collected the boats and held onto them so nobody else could get them. Thankfully, the museum people must be aware of a typical 2-year-old so there were LOTS of boats in the water.
In this area, they also had a nursing area where I could watch Case and Mom play on a TV while I nursed Liam. Its nice to go places and be able to nurse your baby easily.

Case liked the tractor, the earthquake station, the rocks, the fish aquariums, and the weather map (though I think Mom and me were more impressed with being on a blue screen more than Case!).

They had a giant play area. Case and I went down this giant slide - slowly of course because the slide is for children and I'm a mother of 2 now (wide in the hips now). They also had this pulley system where you could pull up a bunch of balls to the very top where big boys were launching them down. Case thought this was great fun. He would wait for the bomb to fall and grab it. Then he would put it in the bucket for the big boys to launch down to him again. It was kinda crazy in this area with balls falling everywhere. Case nor I never got hit though. Of course, there was one parent who yelled at the big boys telling them to not launch the balls so hard. Really??! How can they control the force of gravity or the force of some launcher? That stick-in-the-mud took his kid and left the area and went to less adventuresome play areas.

We ended the day at chick-fil-a where Case played and played. It was a fun day, and I was glad I got to play with Case so much.


5 comments:

April said...

Looks like fun! Glad you all had a great time!

Sharlene said...

Sounds like a fun place! I hope I can go some time, maybe even bring Miss Chloe and take here there. You and your Mom should have all the fun "Grandma" places scouted out soon - you'll know where to take us! Love you! Sissie

Brendakaye said...

Looks fun, we went to one like that in Minnesota, I will have to bring the grandbabies and we can all go It is so wonderful you have your mom and dad their to do things with

Mom aka Kimberly said...

I loved our day at the Science Museum, it was fun for me too! I am so thankful we are living in OKC now. I know Casen loved the Mommy time he had with you that day!

April said...

That looks fun! We will have to try it sometime.