Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cold Zoo Visit
















We went to the zoo on Tuesday thinking that it wouldn't be too cold. It was freezing! We weren't there long, but long enough to enjoy the new Children's section. My parents and Adub and Heidi all got to go too.

The petting zoo part was neat. I loved the little goats. All the different colors. They were a bit shy still until a peacock came walking by (the peacocks roam everywhere in the zoo). Those goats were following that peacock around like it was for supper.

The playground area was fun with the slides and rope bridge.

In the summertime, the kids can wade in the water, but that day Case had to settle throwing rocks into the water. And by getting as close as possible to the water.

There's a flamingo egg nesting area where you can sit on fake flamingo eggs. Case would have none of that!

Heidi and Case had fun playing in the forest area - running underneath the canopy of branches or going into the teepees of straw.

Even though it was COLD, we still had a good visit.

5 comments:

Joshua Nichols, MS, LMFT said...

This is classic. You should print off some of your favorite entries and make a book. Hilarious!

April said...

I wish I went!

April said...

It was cold!! But still fun. :) we need to do it again soon.

Brendakaye said...

looks fun glad yo live where you can do things like that

Mom aka Kimberly said...

It WAS fun and cold. (I am trying to enjoy the cold - I know this summer I will be missing it!) I was happy April and Heidi were with us.