Friday, March 02, 2007

Why I haven't blogged in awhile...








Last week was the annual Research Symposium. I decided to be an overachiever and chair the judges portion of the Symposium. I had fun for the most part, but it was a lot of work leading up to the Symposium and the week of. I'm thankful I had a good committee.
So the Symposium ended Friday; I got home about 7 PM, and Josh and me picked up my cousin Pamela, her husband Jeremy, and 3 college students at 10 that night. At our church last weekend was the Campus Encounter - a big rally for college students in the surrounding areas. Since Jeremy is a college minister, we were able to house 5 people that weekend. We ended up having a great time. It was good to catch up with Pam, get to know Jeremy better (like now I know he's a leatherman-wearing guy), and laugh with Hilary, JoAnna, and Gavin. Saturday we went to El Vaquero for dinner (I think Jeremy and I were exchanging words/looks in the picture below haha) and then that night, Josh and Jeremy were nice and went on a Braum's run for us. We stayed up way too late that night - Sunday we were all pretty tired so there's no pictures from that day. Ha!

4 comments:

April said...

It sounds like you had a fun time!

April said...

What's with that scary looking guy in your first picture? He startled me! Ha!

Layden Family said...

oh Mandie! We had such great fun! I hope we were a good example of witty stories! :)

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Jeremy startled me in that first picture too - looks like someone is sneaking up on you guys! It looks like you guys had a great time together. I know you miss your Kansas cousins - I am thankful you've gotten to see Annie, Pam and Jeremy!