Monday, June 25, 2007

The Cubbies















Josh's favorite baseball team is the Chicago Cubs. We got to go to the game on Monday when they played the Marlins. Jordan and Jacqueline being our arch-rivals (they are Cardinal fans) rooted for the Marlins and refused to wear Cubbie gear. The shame. The downtown atmosphere by the stadium is cool - I posted some pictures from the houses around there. On the buildings surrounding the stadium, there are bleachers for people to watch the game from there. In the opening ceremony, during the star-spangled-banner, a bald eagle flew out, circled the field, and landed on the pitcher's mound. Very moving. Then a soldier who had lost his legs in Iraq walked (he had prosthetics) onto the field and threw the opening pitch. It was very moving as well. We were at the very top - there's some pictures from that view. Josh kept stats during the game. I ate a brat which was yummy. Jacqueline and I talked a lot (but I watched the game too!) and she played with her candy wrapper (check out her plastic bowtie). When we were walking down later to go to the bathroom, it was awhile before we realized Jacqueline had the bowtie still on. Always good for attention.
We lost the game but still had a good time. I'm now a Cubbie fan. Everytime I wear my shirt I get comments from some stranger. I tell him I married a Cubbie fan and became one. That way they won't ask me too many questions. Ha!

1 comment:

April said...

I love the bow tie! :)