Thursday, November 15, 2007

Not a Good Week to Ride the BUS

Last week wasn't my week to ride the bus. I ride it from the overflow parking lot to my building. One morning I had to get to school early, and the earlier you try to catch the bus, the more packed it is. Well, that morning, it was so crowded, there was standing-room only. I had to stand - nobody offered a big old pregnant woman their seat!!! Good thing I only had my purse on me (and not my laptop) because I had to use both hands to hold onto the bar above me. I'm so off-balance lately, I couldn't just hold on with one arm. I told Josh that night that he better never let a pregnant woman stand on the bus while he's sitting down. Ha!


Then the next day, I caught the bus back to the parking lot to go home. I happen to pick the NEW bus driver. My first clue was that he was driving really slow and stopped when he didn't need to stop. My next clue was when he hit a sign. Yes, he was so close to the curb when he stopped, that the sign was hitting the bus everytime he tried to go forward. He finally got around the sign and continued on his journey. That's when I noticed the guy next to me. He was directing the bus driver on where to go and giving him tips. He didn't seem phased at all when the driver hit the sign. Maybe that happens to all of the new bus drivers. The rest of the route we drove in the gutter pretty much. It was like when I first started driving: my mom would say, "You're not rain, get out of the gutter-you're too far over on the road!" A few times I wanted to yell out, "Stop being rain - we're going to tip over!" I guess the good thing was that because he didn't know the route well, he drove so slow. Of course the guy helping him tells him he needs to speed it up. I'm glad I got off at my spot after that. I didn't want to experience that driver's "fast driving" if he's going to be hitting signs and driving in the gutter!

5 comments:

April said...

I would have made such a scene if I were with you when no gentleman was present on the bus! But you know how I feel about men giving up their seats so I won't even go there! Sorry that happened...men are so stupid sometimes!

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Oh Amanda, I was laughing when I read this! You are too funny. I cannot believe not a gentleman to be found on the bus!

Joshua Nichols, MS, LMFT said...

Stop being ran? Sounds like something your dad would say. :)

Joshua Nichols, MS, LMFT said...

Stop being ran? Sounds like something your dad would say. :)

April said...

If Clint was on the bus, he would have automatically given you his seat when he saw you were pregnant. I can't believe some people can be so selfish!