Tuesday, January 29, 2008

T Minus 1 Day to Go

So tomorrow is the Big I Day (Inducement Day). I think something has been trying to happen since Sunday afternoon, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to wait until tomorrow now.
Here's a few things that have occurred in the past couple days:

1. There's something about cats. Yesterday, I asked my doctor about the baby's heartbeat and when it gets slower. He told me that it's so fast because it's so small (don't laugh if you knew this - I did not : ) Once the baby is bigger, the heart rate will slow down like mine. Then he said, "You know like cats - they are little so their heartbeats are really fast too." What?! Why cats? (See earlier post if you are totally confused.)
2. I'm pretty sure I've been having some contractions. For your first baby, it really is hard to know for sure if that's what you are feeling.
3. I walked like a mad woman yesterday (3.5 miles throughout the day). I'm pretty sure I had some intense contractions (at least the most intense up to this point) as a result.
4. I have a great husband who is going to be an awesome coach in the labor room. He calmed me down last night, and the pain was a lot more bearable. He even got me laughing some in between the pains.
5. My dreams are going back to normal. Kinda. Ever since I've started showing in my pregnancy, I've been pregnant in my dreams. It's like I never was NOT going to be pregnant in them again (or maybe even in real life). Last night, I had a dream that the baby had dropped so much, my stomach looked almost flat. In another dream, about half the time, I wasn't pregnant anymore. It's funny how my mind is starting to adjust to the idea that I won't be pregnant for much longer.
6. God keeps reassuring me that He's in control. It's amazing how I'll be concerned or worrying about something, and then somebody (e.g. a doctor, a family member, a friend, etc.) will encourage me. Each occurrence that comes to mind came at a perfect time with perfect words. We serve such a loving Heavenly Father.

4 comments:

April said...

I can't wait to see that chubby little baby!!!! I'm praying for you friend!

Love ya!

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Mandie,
I am so glad God is keeping his hand on you especially with letting you hear exactly what you need! He is indeed an Awesome Father! Not much longer now and our boy will be here - we are counting the hours and we will keep praying for you, Josh and our precious boy!

**JJ** said...

i got all teary eyed with the last one!! i can't believe that he is FINALLY going to be here!! i can't wiat to see him!! oh boy!!! i'm bout to cry thinking about it!! i lov eyou guys!!!

Annie said...

I am so excited it's almost time. I can't wait to see you and hold him. I've been praying all day that he won't make you wait until tomorrow. He still has four hours left! I love you.