Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Casen Stories

On July 3rd, the older kids had a 4th of July parade outside at Casen's daycare. Case's teacher said that he loved watching the parade of children. Then a little boy that's in the next class up crawled over to Casen and brought him a toy to play with - how cute is that??!!

Yesterday, I went to pick up Casen. He was in the next class up - with the big kids (aka the almost-mobile and mobile babies). He was playing in the walker (but it doesn't move), and it has about 10 toys attached to it so there's plenty of things for him to play with on it. When I said hi to him, it took him awhile to fix his eyes on me instead of the toys. Then he looked at me real quick and then proceeded to touch every toy around him. It was like he knew he better play with everything before I pulled him out of it.

Casen has started saying certain syllables - ha or hy and ba or by. Saturday when we visited Cathy, a woman was playing with him while she stood by the door. She kept telling him ba-bye and then would disappear out of his sight and then surprise him again. I guess the repetition might have worked because it sounded like he said bye. For a few weeks now, he had been saying ba for sure. We say "Hi Casen" to him a lot. The last couple of mornings when he has woken up and looked at us, he has said, "Hi." I don't know if he has connected that the syllables actually mean certain things yet but I like to think he's a genius child. ha!

After Case's allergies got really bad (terrible drainage in the mornings) and our last trip home, Case's sleeping habits were all out of whack! We got to the point where he would sleep in his carrier in his crib. Well, he has finally made it back to sleeping in his crib. And he can go to sleep on his own some now too. He's geting to be a big boy! Of course, we are going home again soon so we'll probably mess that child's sleeping patterns up again.

Ever since Case was about 4 weeks old, and we went to Tennessee for an interview, he's been Daddy's boy. When Josh was out of town for a week last month, Case decided that he could be Momma's boy, too. When Josh got home, I didn't know if Case would be such a Daddy's boy. Apparently, he is. Yesterday, I was playing with him and holding him. Josh walks by, and Case started yelling for him and waving his arms. As soon as Josh picked him up, Case was content. It makes me proud that Case and Josh are already close.

2 comments:

April said...

Heidi has been making a lot of different sounds and syllables as well. It sounds like she can say dada, but of course I'm sure she doesn't really know what she is saying, but it makes us happy anyway! :)

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Keep the stories coming, I love reading them! Of course we think Casen is sooo smart - I think that is allowed! I am glad you are recognizing all these special moments and recording them!