Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Getting Too Big for His Bath Tub



Case is about to graduate to the regular tub. When he lays back in his tub (what he always has done in the past), his legs are too long for it. Lately, he's sitting up in the tub and this last time, he pulled himself up a little. I bet its easier in the tub since he feels lighter in the water.
This past weekend has been a major change for Case. He's not as laidback as often and he's sooo curious about everything. Currently, his favorite thing is the TV remote. He reaches for it and yells for it if he can see it. Other favorite things include expensive electronics: the laptop, camera, cell phone, etc. He sits up now to play on the floor or in his crib. When he's tired of sitting though, he just lays back so he still has to have something soft behind him. It's fun to see this side of him developing. I love it!
I was reading that around his age, babies develop a sense of humor. He not only laughs when we tickle him, but laughs if he thinks we do something funny. Growling and playing peek-a-boo always gets some laughs. I also read though that some things can scare them now. Newman's mean bark at strangers scares Case. Also, when I was holding him and a giant bug was on me - my behavior scared him (shocking, I know - I mean why would he be scared of me screaming and putting him down suddenly..poor baby!!). I discovered today that he's not too sure about me holding him and dancing around but he thinks it's hilarious if I'm dancing with him on the floor watching me (Superstar by the Carpenters was great fun!).
I also read that around this age (usually a little later), babies start figuring out what noises get our attention. Case has been experimenting I think. He was doing this weird howl yesterday. Just now he was yelling and when I would look at him, he would smile and raise his eyebrows at me. Little cutie.

4 comments:

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Oh, Mandie - I miss you all sooooo much! I cannot believe how much our little man has changed since we saw him last month! I know this is probably just Gramma hearing that I experienced but it sounded like on the second video that Casen said Hi - did he? I sure wish I was there to see our sweet boy!

Amanda said...

well he says that a lot - not sure if he knows what he's saying yet but sometimes when he wakes up he says it. we say "hi casen" a lot to him so i think for sure he's saying the syllable.

April said...

He just keeps getting cuter and cuter! He really is sitting up well. Heidi has been getting better at it too, but is still a little wobbly. She is also getting to big for her tub so we might go to the big tub soon as well. I love hearing him talk! It is so cute! I loved the videos!

April said...

He is sitting up awesome! He IS a genius!!! I love that boy!!!!