Friday, July 11, 2008

Just Call Me Dr. Nichols

So I survived my defense. It was a brutal hour and half. Two friends had told me some encouraging things before I went into the defense room.
(1) God is who He is no matter where you are...He is still the Lord even in that room.
and
(2)Although your committee will make you (want) to feel stupid, you will do just fine...Remember: We are not born with a spirit of fear...Go forth and conquer...You'll be fine. Remember 2 hours of getting made fun of versus the rest of your life... hmmmn... which would you choose?

Their encouragement and all the rest of the support I have recieved from family and friends has really helped me get to this point. So THANK YOU to all.

I've got to do some corrections and turn in my final copy of my dissertation next Friday. Then I'm free of grad school. Forever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations! That is such an awesome accomplishment. I'm sure the defense was a bit unnerving, but that is their job! Yay for you!!

Kimberly said...

Wow - congratulations Dr. Nichols! We are so proud of you - not only for this accomplishment, but the Godly woman you are! We love you - Mom and Dad

April said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you!