Sunday, March 15, 2009

Church Days



Some church days feel like a marathon with Casen...can we keep him entertained and quiet for an hour? Some church days are easy days to keep Casen engaged and quiet for that hour. Today, he did really good except when he threw his bible (a little blue one from his Mamaw and Papa) into the aisle. I must say that Case already has an arm on him.
I noticed two things about him this week. First, yesterday, Casen began really talking. He's not just saying, "Ohhhh" and "Ahhhh", but he comes up to us and tells us something. I still don't understand what he says most of the time, but I can hear a bunch of different sounds and you can tell that he really is telling us something important. I love it! It's going to be neat when we actually know what he's telling us. Today in worship, he felt the need to tell us some stuff as well. It was cute. We were sitting next to two boys - they looked around 8 or 10 years old. Case, sitting on Josh's lap, turned to them and said, "Hi." Then later tried to get them to talk to him by going, "Hey!" They ignored him so Case turned to the pretty woman behind us and flirted with her for awhile. My social child.
The other thing I have noticed this week was how Case knows there's something special about communion. He knows when it gets unusually quiet and people's attention goes towards the front. He will stop what he's doing and crane his neck so he can see the men up front holding the gold dishes. Today when we passed the bread, he says, "Na!" (His word for food.) I look forward to the day when he understands what we are telling him about the Lord's Supper, and even more excited when he is able to take it. What a blessed day that will be!

3 comments:

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Won't that be wonderful when he does understand the Lord's Supper and takes part in it?

Sharlene said...

It does my heart good to know that you are bringing Casen up in the Lord! You are in my prayers as you continue to grow in your love for the Lord and His people and as you share that love with Casen. Sissie

April said...

Heidi is always "talking" and telling us all sorts of things too. I love how it sounds even though I don't understand most of it. But lately I think I can actually start picking out words. This is definitely a fun stage.