Friday, March 13, 2009

Some of My Favorite Casen Moments Lately

I love to watch him playing...pushing a car along the ground...making airplane noises as he "flies" a toy over to me.

Casen reading his books.

Hearing him play in his crib during naptime. He's not tired I guess enough to sleep, but content in just resting and taking a break from us. I can hear him babbling and talking to his toys. He also knows how to move the blinds now and look out.

Letting us know what he wants to eat. Everything is "Na Na", but we offer him something and he goes, "No," and shakes his head and hand at us. Then we offer something else and so on. It's quite cute.

Casen playing with the baby doll. I think his little friend Lillian left a doll over here one time. Every once in awhile, he'll find it and carry it around. He also gives the baby kisses. I tell him to be a good Daddy and rock the baby. He usually will rock the doll after I do it and give it more kisses. Too cute.

Dancing. If there is any type of music Case can hear (from the TV, from a commercial, from the radio), he starts bopp'in. His ears perk up and he looks around and he starts going up and down at the knees. Lately, he's been moving his arms up and down and clapping along with the music. Then he gets down. He starts walking around like...the only way to describe it is he walks like a duck. Kinda squats as he gliding across the floor. He's a'mov'in. His head can get go'in too, nodding to the music. He definitely has got rhythm. I wonder if he likes music so much because I listen to music a lot - especially when i was pregnant with him. There's some songs that come on sometimes that he really gets going too - some of the same ones I listened to a lot when I was pregnant with him. He also dances when Josh plays his guitar. I can't wait until Case is old enough to start playing the guitar himself!

Group hugs. Josh will ask him, "Group hug?" and he will reply, "Ahhh!" then we all hug together. Then we do it all over again.

Hide-n-go-seek. I will run and hide and call out for him until he finds me. Monday, he started hiding himself and coming out and "scaring" us.


His love for dogs. His favorite book is still the Counting Dogs book. He will bring that one to us a lot so we can read it to him. And he knows if we aren't reading it - he wants to hear the dogs bark! He sees dogs and says, "Dog" in an excited voice. Today, he got upset because he went to the laundry room door and was asking for the dogs and I said no that they were muddy so they couldn't come in. Sigh. I almost let them in because Case was so cute.

2 comments:

Amber said...

We need to see dancing videos! Sounds hilarious. I love when little ones have rhythm.

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Oh Mandie, Sweet thoughts! Isn't it pure joy to have a little one? I cannot wait for dancing video too!