Thursday, August 14, 2014

It Might Be a Long Year

The boys started school last week, and I went back to work. Or attempted to work. It's almost been two weeks, but I'm still trying to get in the groove. Dishes are piled in the kitchen and there's piles of laundry. I managed to cook twice this week (crock pot counts!)  though so I'm really proud of myself.

But, I'm like Dug at work.

I'm still in summer land - that magical place where I can watch Netflix and nap almost daily.

One minute I'm writing an experiment, the next? I see someone walk by reminding me that there's probably coffee in the front office. I really should get up and get some coffee. Ten minutes later I'm wondering what I was doing before the coffee break.

Last Thursday, Casen's teacher sent home a poster with directions. He had to make a poster about himself by Monday. Three days away.
No problem.
I ordered a few pictures of C that night for pick-up at CVS. I figured it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and get that part done.
I fell asleep that night and forgot about the poster.
So did C. Until Saturday when we were right in the middle of something. I told him to remind me Sunday afternoon.
Sunday was a busy day; we had planned too many things including a rocket launch in the evening. It was after our failed rocket launch (I'm sure I'll blog about that soon), and we were back at Mom and Dad's, I suddenly thought, OH NO! Casen's poster!
It was 9 PM Sunday night.
I felt like Worst End of School Year Mom Ever, except that it was the beginning of the school year.

Sometime around 11 PM, it was mostly done.


Oh, and L Child stayed up to work on his "project", too. 


Monday morning was loads of fun.

No comments: