Monday, October 22, 2007

Chemistry Halloween Costumes


So I was just working on my lectures slides for my class and I stumbled upon an article about Chemistry costumes for Halloween. I am totally neglecting my work for a few minutes because I HAD to post these ideas out there. This is why people call us nerds....and if you don't get all these ideas - you're probably NOT a nerd!



Based upon Chemical & Engineering News (10/30/06):


1. Typical mad scientist (overdone, hence this article had other ideas)

2. Benzene ring (6 students joined together via a flexible tube) (pictured above)

3. Free radical (a sign-carrying hippie with a broken shackle)

4. Quantum Mechanic (wearing overalls and a toolbox)

5. Sleek black suit with a crisp white shirt and understated tie with a nametag that says "My Name is O27"...when people ask what you are, you reply, "The name is Bond, Chemical Bond."

6. Superman costume but add an "i" to the "S" so you'll be Silicon Man

7. Same as #6 but add a little extra "padding" and you'll be Silicone Woman

8. Marie Curie (discovered radioactive elements) with a glowing necklace; ask people, "Do you like it? It's Polonium. It's going to be all the rage." OR shake a transitor radio and tell people, "I'm studying radio-activity."

9. Wear aluminum foil and go as unlucky element 13 (Aluminum).




No comments: