Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Latest Tummy Shots and Birthing Class




These are the latest downloaded pics of my pregnant tummy. I put an old one from the beginning as a point of reference. I'm currently 35.5 weeks, and I'm pretty sure I'm even bigger than 2 weeks ago. The baby has started to drop though I think - at least it looks like it when I look in the mirror.


Tonight we had our last childbirth class which focuses on breathing and relaxation. The instructor was a different nurse who looked like she was 25, but said her youngest was 18. I hope I look that good after 3 kids and being her age. It was an interesting class. First, with the lights off, she read a relaxation script so we all could relax. Then we practiced different breathing techniques for the different stages of labor. She was very direct and didn't sugar coat anything. In Josh's words, "She didn't spoon-feed us, did she?" She told us without pain relievers or an epidural, we're going to be in pain. These techniques can just help us stay in control of the pain. At least, nobody in that class can't say she didn't warn us. The best part of the night was when she is demonstrating how you should lay in labor and when you get to push. While she's giving directions, she's also handing out words of advice. I lean over and whisper to Josh, "You need to try to remember that because that will probably be helpful for me if I forget." He replies, "Uh, I don't think I'll forget with all the visuals she's providing." The instructor would lay on top of the table demonstrating different positions. It was rather amusing, but definitely helpful I guess. I think it would have been hilarious though if she had asked each of us to lay on the table and practice our position. Ha!

4 comments:

April said...

You look really good Amanda! I guess I need to post some more pics... I'm pretty sure I have grown too!

Mom aka Kimberly said...

I love the pictures - seeing how much you have changed all together! I miss you so much - can't wait until our boy is here!

**JJ** said...

i bet that class was amusing.. however i would almost betcha that in the middle of labor you will forget everything she told you and do it your own way!!!! hahahha... love you

Amanda said...

yeah that's what she said in the class haha