Thursday, December 13, 2007

Women Evolve More Spine to Carry Babies

My friend Kellie sent me this link to an article on Yahoo! News about how women's spines are different from men's to better suit pregnancy. It's an interesting study. I've thought about being pregnant, my back pain, and how my center of gravity is totally thrown off. I've wondered how women in the "old days" were able to work in the garden and do various other chores when I can barely bend over in my chair to pick something up. The article does attribute the spine differences between men and women to evolving from apes. In the words of Kellie, "Aren't you glad our ape ancestors adapted pregnancy coping mechanisms? It couldn't possibly be that a Divine Creator knew what He was doing. Nope ... definitely not."

1 comment:

April said...

Courtney sent me a link to that article too and that is what I thought as well. :)