Thursday, June 12, 2008

Adventures in Dissertation Land

This week has been crazy! I have deadlines coming up so I was putting in extra hours to submit my draft to the grad college and get another chapter to my boss (I did yesterday...I still have more to write and corrections but two things crossed off the list!). I find myself wandering around in Dissertation Land hoping that I get out soon. The latest adventure? Tuesday night, I needed to work until after midnight at school. Since Casen is finicky with taking a bottle, especially at home, Josh opted to bring Casen up to school with me. So while I worked in my office, Josh and Case hung out/slept on the 4th floor in the lounge. I got a call around midnight to come nurse him and then it was back to work. I was actually glad I had company in the building because in Josh's words, "Your building is freaky at night!" We left about 2 AM and stopped off at Whataburger for a snack where the people behind us I think had the munchies due to some illegal drug and the Whataburger guy got my order wrong. Of course, what do you expect at 2 AM? I finally crashed last night. Currently, I'm looking for some more steam to start another long round of writing. Anyone want to babysit Case at the Chemistry Building through the night?

4 comments:

kellie said...

You're my hero. Finishing my thesis was bad enough with no kids - I can't imagine doing a dissertation with a 4-month-old baby. Keep up the good work -- you're almost there!

Mom aka Kimberly said...

It is almost finished Amanda! Hang in there and keep trying to see the funny things and the blessings you are seeing as a result of doing this dissertation! I am glad Josh came up to school with you! Your building seems a little lonely anyways - after midnight? It is probably freaky!

Sharlene said...

Oh how I wish I could watch Casen for you! I would even brave the Chemistry building for that!
I'm proud of you and glad that God blessed you with such a great husband!

April said...

Wow, I am so proud of the hard worker you are! I am so glad that Josh was so willing to help you out by bringing Casen and staying up there with you. I know you can do it and be finished soon!