Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Still in the Whirlwind

The last couple weeks have whirled by me. Josh went out of town to camp for a week. Thank goodness his mom, sister, and nieces came for a few days to help me out. I barely got to visit with them - I mainly just worked on my dissertation coming home to eat and see my son here and there. Then this past Friday, my cousins Jacqueline and Jordan came for lunch on their way home to Chicago. I'm glad they got to meet Case (and I know they are too!). Because I was on 3 hours of sleep and still hadn't gotten ready for my trip later that afternoon to pick Josh up, they watched Case while I finished packing and got ready. Friday night, Case and I stayed with our friends Trey and Lauren before we left the next day, picking up Josh on our way home. On our way home, Mom, Dad, and Gram arrived and met us in OKC. Their time here has been short, and I haven't gotten to spend a lot of time with them, but they've been a big help. I feel like all I've done lately is write, eat, feed and play with Casen a little, and sleep when I can. I feel so blessed to have family and friends that help out so much. You know how they say that it takes a village to raise a child? And I've heard that when a person writes her dissertation, her spouse goes through the experience, too. Well, I think it takes a village to write a dissertation, especially if there's a new baby involved! I finished up my writing tonight. All I have left to do are corrections. Oh, and that big thing they call a defense. Then I will be free of graduate school forever!!!

3 comments:

**JJ** said...

i am so glad you are done and it was our pleasure to come help you!! i posted pics from that week.. love ya

chandra said...

amanda, i didn't know you had blog! where have i been? cason is so cute. if you all are in town give us a call.

chandra

April said...

I'm so glad you have had so much help while you are finishing your dissertation! Good job on finishing your writing! I will be praying for you for the rest to all go smoothly.