Friday, June 27, 2008

Coming Down From the Whirlwind

I handed my dissertation to my committee today. It was a long process (I finished writing Tuesday night) to get it into shape. The formatting took awhile along with writing up the Table of Contents and List of Figures. I also had 2 chapter corrections from my advisor to do. Wednesday night I started getting sick and went home sick Thursday morning. I think the lack of sleep finally caught up with me, and I caught a bug. It was my dissertation sickness! Well I felt a lot better today. After I finished everything, I had to get it printed and copied for all my committee members. I remember my Comm III prof from OC always telling us, "Don't leave your printing until the day your paper is due...you never know what could happen, and nothing is excused!" That kept going through my head this afternoon as I went from place to place. First, I went to the computer lab to try to print the dissertation. The printer in my lab is down so I had to go somewhere. I got one dissertation printed, but then after that this one page kept jamming in the printers. Not sure why nor did the lab tech. So after 4 printings of only pages 1-25, I decided to go somewhere else. I had one complete copy so I could make copies...if there was a place open on campus! There was no longer a copy center in the Union anymore, and then the library's copy center was closed (apparently, they close at noon during the summer! What about people who wait till the last minute like me?!). Finally, I was able to make copies in my department...good thing the secretary didn't mind. I felt like a load had been lifted after I turned it in to all the members. My defense will be in about 2 weeks. I can't wait! (I never thought I would be looking forward to such a scary event!)

1 comment:

April said...

Congrats on turning it in!!!