Friday, May 14, 2010

Hide Me Away O Lord

This afternoon, I went down to check to see if Case was asleep after I put Liam down. Case wasn't there! I couldn't see him! I hadn't seen him in the rest of the house either. Panic and a thousand thoughts went through my mind. But then, I saw a little foot sticking out from under the pillows. Case had laid across his bed and covered himself with pillows. As I uncovered him, I realized he had just been drifting off to sleep. So I rocked him and then laid him back down. He wanted to be bundled up - pillows around him and the blanket wrapped around him. Maybe because he was sleepy. Maybe because its one of those days today - dreary and rainy. Whatever the reason, I could tell he was content and comfortable. I took this picture of him a little later.

I was reminded of that song and verse, "Hide me in the shadow of your wings" (Psalm 17:8). There are times when that's what we need - to be bundled up in God's hands and hidden away. I'm thankful that we have a Father that provides that comfort and contentment for us when needed.


1 comment:

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Nicely said Amanda. I too am thankful God provides that comfort and care for us. You know my verse, Psalms 125:1 & 2, "Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever, As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore." I always think of being wrapped up by Him, enveloped by Him - a precious thought and comfort to me.