Sunday, January 01, 2012
Shortly after Christmas, Casen wanted to play Santa. Here is how you play:
1. You have to dress up as Santa. Who has a red suit handy? Not a 3-yr-old boy. So you improvise. Christmas stockings become boots and a Christmas hat will do.
2. Instruct Mama and Brother to stay in the living room while you set up the "North Pole." Santa should be seated when they arrive.
3. Most people might imagine that Santa is a jolly, joking fellow. Not so! He is a serious, thoughtful little man. After all, making and delivering toys to all the children around the world requires quite a bit of thought and work. (Santa (Casen) didn't break a smile the whole time he was in character - about an hour. Yes, the game lasted that long.)
4. After sitting on Santa's lap and telling him what you want for Christmas, you are dismissed. You can't stay in the North Pole and help Santa make toys. That's not allowed. So Mama and Brother go off to play another game while the toys are made and loaded into the sleigh.
5. Quite some time later, Santa is on his way so you must go to sleep. And sleep for a long time. Because Santa is old and slow. And has many trips to make from his sleigh.
6. After several warnings that the sun is about to rise, Santa finally resigns to the fact that you're going to open your gifts. He goes ahead and stands there and instructs you on how to properly open (pretend) gifts. (Bossy anyone? Hmm...I wonder where he gets that from...)
7. Finally, Santa flies away. Glad that serious bloke finally left. The 3-year-old was left behind smiling and laughing.