Tagged: Read At Your Own Risk
I've been tagged! Alyson tagged me in a little blog game...here I go:
First Things First, The Rules:
You must post the rules.
Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
Tag eleven people and link them on your post.
Let them know you've tagged them!
Eleven FUN Facts:
1. I love a good beat'em up movie. Matrix. The Bourne movies. Inception. If it has good action, I will probably like it. Or at least can endure through bad acting to see a cool fight scene. If there's a crazy car chase scene, BONUS!
2. I cook more often in the summer. I rarely cook during the school year. Usually just on the weekends - maybe once. Maybe once during the week. I thought it was because I didn't really like to cook; I discovered I don't mind cooking if I'm not rushed and don't have little ones afoot. So you're probably wondering what we eat. Leftovers. Sandwiches/paninis. Popcorn (me anyway). Usually Mom feeds us once a week. Good thing I'm married to an easygoing guy who will eat whatever there is in the house!
3. Despite that I don't cook very often, I'm pretty good at it (if I do say so myself). I don't usually follow the recipe exactly. Though usually this is a good thing, there have been some disasters from not following the recipe. I can make yummy desserts - my current favorite is bumbleberry pie.
4. I have quite a bit of music. Probably not as much as my friend April does, but she's a music professor so she's got to have a lot. I listen to music almost constantly: while I work at school and working around the house.
5. Connected to #4, I love having new music. Discovering new artists is a joy. One of the reasons Spotify is my new favorite toy. And it's free!
6. I don't consider myself crafty. I do like doing crafts with the boys though. We never do anything real complicated, but It's fun to see them painting or drawing trains.
7. I always said I wanted mainly girls, maybe just one boy if any. Then God gave me two boys, and I know I was meant to be a mother of boys. I love wrestling around with them after work or playing cars for the millionth time. There's a few things that are trying - like I'm pretty sure my bathrooms will never be completely clean again.
8. I like math. Not enough to have majored in it, but enough that I enjoy doing it in chemistry. Love algebra. Like calculus - at least the basic part. As much as I complain about pchem, I find satisfaction when I get through the end of a derivation where I got to use calculus. I know. I'm a nerd.
9. I have a terrible sense of direction. If I can't find the sun or know where I-35 is relative to my location, I have no idea what direction I'm heading. I also tend NOT to pay attention very well when we go somewhere. As a result, It usually takes a few times going someplace before I remember how to get there.
10. I think in words a lot. I don't see pictures very often in my head. My thoughts are conversations with people (or myself) or sometimes I see the actual words written in my head. Not sure what that says about me except that's probably why I didn't major in art!
11. I've ran three 5k's in different races and a half-marathon last year. I'm training again for another half and actually liking the training this time. I think I'm going to plan to run a marathon one day. (Notice I'm still thinking about planning it.)
Now it's time for the questions that Alyson posted for me to answer.
1. Would you rather be in prison for the rest of your life, or stranded on a deserted island with your closest loved ones for the rest of your life? (Assuming this is a tropical deserted island with plenty of food and such.)
Definitely deserted island. It could be like Gilligan's Island. I could make a radio out of coconuts.
2. What was your biggest worry in high school? (Friends, grades, boys, acne, sports, something else?)
Grades probably. I was pretty uptight about them - trying to be top of the class. I learned to relax a bit in college when I realized there were A LOT of smarter people than me...then really relaxed in grad school. I was okay with a B then.
3. If you had to be a character in a movie, who would you want to be?
Jane Eyre maybe? I love that story.
Or I could be Katniss. I could learn to shoot an arrow and run around defeating my opponents in a giant arena.
4. Would you choose an all-expense paid trip around the world (as many destinations as you want, for however long you want it to be, including your spouse and family if you want), or would you rather have $1 million cash here and now?
hmmm this one is difficult to decide. at first i thought trip! But then the sensible part of me thought how far one million could go, especially if I didn't have to pay taxes on it. student loans paid off. house paid off. boys' education fund done. and then maybe we could take a little trip over to Europe. but if we didn't have enough for a huge trip to Europe, I bet we could take something else less expensive. okay, one million in cash please.
5. If you had to go a year and eat only 5 foods, what would you choose? (Let's assume your nutritional needs are taken care of by a vitamin of some sort.)
coffee (i'm going to count that as a food) with hazelnut creamer (counting it as a combo food )
carrots (eating something healthy at least and I munch on carrots quite a bit)
6. What is your favorite physical feature on yourself?
my blue eyes
7. What is your very first memory as a child?
when i was 4...my brother and i were sitting on the floor playing with marbles in an empty living room. My parents were packing up our house for our move to Denver.
8. If you had to move to another country, which country would you choose and why?
No idea. i've only been to Mexico outside the U.S. Probably not there. Somewhere in Europe maybe?
9. What movie can you watch over and over and over again?
While You Were Sleeping or My Big Fat Greek Wedding
10. What is one job that you'd like to do, but can't or wouldn't because of circumstances? (circumstances such as: it doesn't pay well enough, the hours are bad, you don't live in a place where there's a great need for marine biologists, you don't have the body type to be a professional figure skater...)
Probably a singer. If I had more talent and knew how to play the guitar, I would be rockin' it!
Okay, maybe not.
11. What is your secret phobia? (I'm not talking spiders or being alone or public speaking, I'm talking about the weird and totally irrational one that you don't like to admit to.)
I'm pretty sure this is rational, but funeral viewings. I don't like to see the deceased. I usually walk on the other side of Josh away from the coffin.
Last but not least, here are the questions for the folks I tag:
1. Where is your favorite spot in your house?
2. What is your current favorite song?
3. What's your favorite game (card or board) to play?
4. If you could have lived during any time period, which one would it have been and why? You can't pick anytime after the year you were born.
5. What was your favorite science class you ever took and why (think all the way back to elementary school even)?
6. If you could be an expert in any fighting technique, what would it be (kali,karate, etc)?
7. What are three things you do everyday (not things you must do like eat or go to the bathroom)?
8. If you could eradicate one animal on Earth, what would it be? (You don't have to worry about disrupting the circle of life or anything like that, pretend any purpose that animal serves would be taken care of even if they weren't there.)
9. Which way do you prefer to read: actual books, audio books, or Kindle/Nook/etc? Why?
10. What is one of the hardest things you've ever had to do, and though you're glad you did it (and got the results you wanted), you probably wouldn't want to do it again if you had the choice?
11. What are three things that stress you out? (General or specific)
This is who I'm tagging:
2. April E.
6. Aunt Sissie
7. Aunt Brenda